Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Remote phone can make calls, but not receive.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DavidK, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidK

I'm trying to setup a Grandstream GXP-2000 at a remote location (home office).

I can get the phone to register on the PBX, make calls outside and to other internal extensions.
    But when you dial in, and try to call that extension directly with #xxx or as part of a ring group it does not receive the call.

The phone system is running 3CX Phone System v9.0.13545.594 SP.5a

Thanks,
    David

2. smb1

smb1 New Member

First if you have not already, have a look at:

http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/remote-extensions/

If you are still stuck, perhaps you could set system logging to verbose in the system settings and post the resulting logs here with any external IP addressess and/or telephone numbers removed or "xxxxxxx"ed out showing the activity when a call is being initiated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DavidK

David,

Thanks, that worked.
    I searched for the problems before, and nothing came up.

Do you have an Amazon wish list?, I could get something for you to say thanks.

Thanks again,
    David

4. willow

willow Member

Sounds like you may need to port forward port 5060 on the remote end to the phone ip address. Can internal extensions call the remote phone as well or no?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. DavidK

Did the exact steps in the blog link, and it worked.

David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.