Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Remote Phone having trouble making call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I plan on doing a remote session with this user later, to see if something is wrong in the phone settings. But maybe someone can shed some light. I see that no digits are coming across in the log. But user says they dial the digits then DIAL. Extension is using an Asastra 6753i (I know not officially supported but Templates are available to download in v11)
    Any help would be appreciated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. craigreilly

By the way, I have another site using the same setup without issue, so I am guessing it might be a Firewall Issue/DSL Router at the remote site from the local TelCo.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

What I don't see is the destination:
    Contact: "4929"<sip:4929@76.x.x.44:5196;transport=udp>;+sip.instance="<urn:uuid:00000000-0000-1000-8000-00085D18DDFA>"
    To: <sip:66.x.x.112:5060;user=phone>

Where are they really trying to get to?

4. craigreilly

He says he is dialing his cell phone a 480xxxxx87
    Now, as a test I tried changing 'PBX Delivers Audio' and I see 3 of the digits he is dialing - 480.

So that leads me to a firewall issue, since I have another Aastra using a different router (Netgear N300) working just fine in a test environment.

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

So, he is dialing from external extension 4929 trying to be routed out to so that he can reach an external number 480XXXXXXX; can he reach an internal extension?

6. craigreilly

Another DOH! Moment. :shock:
    For some reason I set the registration under Global SIP instead of Line 1. I may have been in a hurry the day I set it up and put it in the wrong place. So when he tried to make a call, no line was being used... I don't really understand how the Aastras work. How the Global vs Line 1-6 works. On the Yealinks it is just Account 1, Account 2, etc.

7. craigreilly

Oh and if I had used the template no problem. It puts the info into Line 1 automatically. But I programmed it manually because 3cx doesn't support remote registration for that handset.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.