Remote phone ports

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by buster1075, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buster1075

Hi,

I have a couple of remote phones connected to our 3cx phone system in the same way as all the others we have which are causing me trouble. They have static IP addresses but they appear to be registering with several different ports on the phone system. Can anyone suggest why this is happening, also if I can figure out which phone is the real one how do I delete the other phones.

Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Not a lot to go on.

Are the remote sets behind a router (what make) or public IP? Are they set to use STUN? What make/model set(s)? Did this just start, or has it been happening from day 1. What do the 3CX logs (for the sets registration) look like? etc....

3. willow

willow Member

i am assuming that your are talking about the phones screen in the 3cx admin terminal. I would just leave them alone. the 3cx interprets these funny and i find it best to just let it be.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. buster1075

Hi,

Thank you for the replies.

The remote phones are behind a router which is the same way we have all other remote phones configured. The routers are different at both locations, one is a Thomson TG585 v7 gateway and one is a BT home hub.

They are set to use STUN and are Yealink SIP-T20P phones.

I mentioned the phones screen as the phones that are working only have one entry whereas the ones that are not working have several entries with the same IP address but different ports.

It has been happening from day 1 with these locations.

I will have a look at the registration of the phones and post what I find.

Thanks again

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are the two types of routers with the phones having problems, used at any of the other locations? If so, are the settings pretty much the same?

If possible, have you tried moving one of the problem set to a location where you have phones NOT causing a problem to see if there are still issues?

I'm just wondering if your routers are doing port translations causing different ports to show up once in while, when a set re-registers.

6. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Have you read the following blog and checked the settings of the Yealink?
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/remote-extensions/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. buster1075

Yeah, that is what I used to set all the phones up. Most are working, just the two that are not.

8. buster1075

Hi,

I have been looking at the logs on the 3cx system and it looks like it is trying to forward the calls to the wrong IP address. The sites I am having issues with did not originally have static IP's so I now have them set up with a static IP. It looks like the 3cx phone system may have an old IP address for the remote phones stuck somewhere which it is trying to use. Is there any way to clear this out, I have restarted the services a few times since they were changed to static or that would be the first thing I would have tried.

Any ideas?

Thanks

9. buster1075

Do I need to forward any ports through the firewall at the remote users end?

10. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You shouldn't have to, but, that can depend on the type of router/firewall set-up. It can also depend on how many sets you are running behind one remote router. The 506X series of ports can be forwarded, but there are others, used for voice packets that can vary from call to call and be re-used, if you have more than one set.

If the problem is the IP that 3CX thinks the set is located at then check the 3Cx logs during the initial registration (when you first power up the set). the IP that shows up there, and that should be the same IP during re-registration about every 30 minutes, is the IP 3CX will attempt to reach the set. In your case, it should be a public IP, that of the remote router, plus the port number (506X) assigned by you to the set(s). Be sure that your STUN setting are correct if a private IP is showing up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.