• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Remote Phone unable to join network at remote site, but can still make calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahodge7

Reaction score
Hello, we recently did some work on our connection to our phone server which resulted in a changed default gateway IP. While changing everything in office on the LAN was no sweat, we do have one IP phone off site (the company owner's home office phone) and it won't be recognized on our network. I reprovisioned it and reestablished the link to his extension, so 3CX recognizes it on the list of phones and not as a new phone but assigned to him. He has another IP phone for when he's in office which works fine now, and the way this was configured before was that his calls would ring to both phones. Now it only rings to the in office phone. I thought it might have to do with the listening ports, but none of that info changed. Only the default gateway IP.

Could this be an issue with the router it's plugged into off site? He can make calls out, but when he reboots it and let's it load everything, it says no network found. When I reprovisioned his off site phone, I was following one of the numerous 3CX guides, and there were so few steps that I fear something was left out.

I would start with the 3CX activity log. Have someone power up the remote set (just to get a registration attempt), check the log. Does it show the public IP (and unique port) assigned to the set? Does it show a private IP? Is there a port conflict on the remote network?

Might be a STUN issue if the private IP is showing.

Could this be an issue with the router it's plugged into off site?

Probably not, but never rule out anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.