Remote phone will not ring

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Greaterfaith, Nov 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greaterfaith

In the past, our remote Yealink phones have work at our other office...since we have move our remote phones to another location our remote Yealink phones will not ring, but only go to voice mail. outbound calls work well. (don't know if I need to change any settings at the new remote location...our PROVISION METHOD is REMOTE EXTENSION STUN...this work well in the past)

Did Firewall-checker on 3cx system and all was successful (don't know if this really tell me anything)

please assist in this matter
    DC

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Are they even registered?
    Are they using some NAT-T and/or RPORT.. or are they using a VPN?
    If VPN.. is there a present site-to-site and is the PBX reachable from remote?
    If not.. may depend on the firewall/router.. can be ports, or SIP ALG, or other.

Many variables need to be accounted for.

Typically it is a matter of getting SIP traffic properly routed/NATted. The handset is not getting the INVITE message from the PBX.. and as such won't ever respond RINGING accordingly. If you aren't leveraging a VPN, indeed you will need to configure the handset as a remote extension. There are guides on the website for that. I expect the same result for a non-tunnel non-vpn softphone, though.

Aside.. I have found SIP ALG to be my ally for remote offices.. not my enemy. Else.. SBC.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You don't mention how many sets you have at the remote location. If it is just a few, then as long as each has been given a unique port number, it should work (everything else being correct). Any more, and you should be using the SBC, or VPN.

Have a look in the 3CX Server log for a registration from each set, if necessary power down, then power up a set to initiate a registration, then check the log. You should see the set register with the public IP of the remote router and a port number. If each set shows the same port number, then you have to re-provision the sets so that each is unique, 5060, 5061, 5062...etc.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

The Grandstreams have a "Random Port" feature which is nice. I have several phones in 1 remote location and this works fine. But, I do not remember seeing that on the Yealinks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jackfinn

We just setup a couple of Grandstream phones today too. The guys at Sigmavoip told me to use the use random port as well. Worked perfectly. They also suggested that I try upnp since our Ubiquiti routers support it and that too worked just fine. They sent us templates for both so we can now provision remote phones by just asking the telework employee to enter out public ip, port, directory in the config path. That way we can try both by just switching the template and have them reboot the phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.