• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Remote Polycom IP 5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

abovepoint

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm trying to get a remote Polycom IP 5000 phone to work properly, but I can't seem to get it to work. Mainly because the option to change the provisioning method from Local LAN to outside of the office (The option to change this is grayed out). Does than mean the Polycom just has to be 100% programmed manually? Anyone have any fixes to this? I tried another Polycom phone remotely and I could never get it to work right.

Thanks!

abovepoint said:
Hey guys!

I'm trying to get a remote Polycom IP 5000 phone to work properly, but I can't seem to get it to work. Mainly because the option to change the provisioning method from Local LAN to outside of the office (The option to change this is grayed out). Does than mean the Polycom just has to be 100% programmed manually? Anyone have any fixes to this? I tried another Polycom phone remotely and I could never get it to work right.

Thanks!

The Polycom phones are terrible as remote phones. I believe they can be manually configured to use 3cx proxy manager but that they can't be configured to work without 3cx proxy manager because they don't support stun.

I would suggest a Yealink phone for this or to use 3CXPhone with a headset as an alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.