Remote presence not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by acolville, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acolville

OK, may be I'm doing something wrong here but I cannot get any remote presence to display!

I have three sites all with PRO licenses, each site is linked to the other two via bridges.

Presence, both ways is enabled on each bridge.

Expand the 3cx phone presence and the remote presence is empty.

Anyone got this working?

Thanks!

2. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi acolville

Can you please do the following for me?
    1. check that your bridges are connected.
    2. edit bridge go to the 3CX Presence tab. Check that the remote ip adress of the bridged PBX is correct, and that the extension that you are using can see the connection in 3cx phone do this for both PBX's and also check in the same tab that the Publish information setting that the groups that you want to see are published in the remote PBX's
    3. Try again to see the presence on the remote PBX

Please let me know if this has worked for you, and if you have any further inquiries don't hesitate to ask

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. acolville

Hi Andreas

1. check that your bridges are connected.
    Yes they are!

2. edit bridge go to the 3CX Presence tab. Check that the remote ip adress of the bridged PBX is correct, and that the extension that you are using can see the connection in 3cx phone do this for both PBX's and also check in the same tab that the Publish information setting that the groups that you want to see are published in the remote PBX's

IP's are correct. Currently both bridges are set to publish all groups and all users can see the connections

3. Try again to see the presence on the remote PBX
    Remote Presence in 3CX Phone is blank on both sides of the bridge

Thanks,

Alistair

4. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi Alistair

Can you please check that the extension rights have show presence to group members , can see group members, can see group calls and show calls to group members enabled?

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. acolville

Yes all of these are enabled for each extension.

I have checked each site now (I was working on two before) and one site is working...

This site had a pro license at the time of the upgrade. The other two had SBS licenses which were subsequently upgraded to PRO.

All sites report as being PRO, but only the site which originally had a PRO license is able to display remote presence.

I have backed up and re-installed but this has not helped.

Alistair

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Can you contact sales on this problem? We will check your keys and get back to you.

7. acolville

After a lot of tests, we just could not get presence over bridges to work properly. Each site showed different issues, with presence for some site sites showing up and not others. In the end other projects (not phone related) took precedence and we lived with it.

So now, all three sites have been moved to Win7 x64 and 3CX12.5, Excitedly I thought maybe the presence will now work...Unfortunately not. All the same issues exist.

I suspect this is not a bug as such, but a hangover from previous versions, where incorrect settings are being imported during the upgrade process.

I have tried deleting the bridges and starting again but this does not help.

The next step, would be to rebuild the systems from scratch, not easy, but doable if really needed.

Before I do this, has anyone run into issues with presence over bridges and if so were they able to fix them...

The sites are connected via VPN links which work perfectly for calls and data (essentially internally routed, so no firewall issues)

Any help greatly appreciated...!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.