Remote Presence Over Bridges

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JStellato, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JStellato

I'm not clear on how this is supposed to work. My understanding is, if I go to an extension configuration, and choose BLF that I should see the published extensions from the bridge, is that correct?

If not, I'm unclear what I'm doing wrong. I'm version 15.5, Pro edition on both sides, and I don't see this. I've checked to make sure the remote port is set for the publishing on both sides. I've also double checked that both sides are activated on version 15.5.5 Pro.

Any ideas?

2. neville

neville New Member

BLF is only for extensions on the local system, not for bridged extensions.

3. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

Presence over bridges is for the softclient/webclient, not BLFs unless something changed recently

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. JStellato

Oh, my understanding of that was completely wrong. I'd really like that feature though.

A follow up question though, how do I get them to show up in the softphone?

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You will need to go to Bridge settings and enable Publish Information and Receive information option in the presence tab.
    Then you will need to choose which users the presence will be published across the bridge and which users will be able to see these information. You will need to do this on both sides of the bridge

6. DSXDATA

DSXDATA New Member

Eves-droppers should note that a Pro license is required for presence across bridges. In this case, he does have Pro on both sides.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. JStellato

What I found was, very confusing to say the least. You would think the presence when bridged would show up when editing an extension under BLF since you publish the presence to certain users. However it doesn't. I also found, that when I first connected the bridge and had everything configured properly, the extensions wouldn't show up on the softphone either. This was because those extensions hadn't been registered to a phone/softphone. When they were registered they'd show up in the softphone.

I'd really like to see this improved in the future. Not being able to see presence on the handset of bridged locations is kind of a let down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.