Remote Register failing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by I.T Delinquent, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I.T Delinquent

Hi,

I am trying to configure a remote T46S phone but I am constantly getting "Register Status: register failed" and I don't know why:

All the settings have been double checked and I have other remote phones that are working fine.

Any help is appreciated.

Attached Files:

#1 I.T Delinquent, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @I.T Delinquent

Is the phone provisioned? Are all the settings in the phone? If so how is the phone provisioned? Is it STUN or behind an SBC? Have you unchecked the option "Disallow use of extension outside the LAN" under the extension settings / Options ?

3. I.T Delinquent

Hi @YiannisH_3CX

The phone is showing the correct profile and even picking up the remote phone book.
    Every setting in the phone has been double checked, no issues visible.
    The phone is provisioned using Direct SIP(STUN - Remote).
    Yes, the option to "Disallow use of extension outside of LAN" has been unticked.

It seems like it can pull its configuration from the system but cannot authenticate the user since the phone is showing as "account invalid" on the screen.

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Make sure that the credentials the phone picked up are correct and match the ones in the management console. Also check the IP blacklist located on the dashboard and make sure the remote IP is not blacklisted thus preventing the phone to register.

Can you also let us know what firmware the phone is running and are you using the default templates?

5. I.T Delinquent

I will double check the credentials again just to make sure.

The IP is not blacklisted, it is also isn't whitelisted like some of our other remote locations, I will try adding an "Allow" rule once I can reconnect to a remote PC and then connect to a phone.

I made sure to update all of the phones to the latest firmware (66.82.0.20), as far as I'm aware we are using the default templates. Where would I check this?

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

7. I.T Delinquent

I have done everything else apart from looking at the configuration on the remote firewall. I will try that as I am still having this issue :/

Thank you for your help so far, if you could think of anything else that would be very much appreciated :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.