• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Remote Registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

depthless

Reaction score
When I attempt to register locally, it works fine.
When I set the software to be out of the office I get an error in the Activity Log that said the Credentials don't match:

13:11:58.900|.\Authorization.cpp(180)|Critical0|Authorization|AuthMgr::eek:nAuthFailure:[CM102001]: Authentication failed for SipReq: REGISTER <INTERNAL PBX IP>:5060 tid=4f26ed516b2c6308 cseq=REGISTER contact=102@<EXTERNAL IP OF DEVICE THAT IS CONNECTING>:49420 / 2 from(wire); Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings<br>

I've configured the phone with the following settings. I can't use Tunnel because iPhone doesn't support it:

Account Name: 102
Caller ID: Name
Extension: 102
ID: 102

I am in the office local IP: <local ip of pbx>
I am out of the office - external IP: <external ip of pbx>

No Tunnel
No Proxy

Any ideas?

1. Is extension allowed to register outside LAN ?
2. Is port forwarding set as expected / recommended ?
3. Have you run firewall checker ?

Regards

Hi,

Some months ago I probed out of the office connection and just work perfectly... By now I´m trying to connect out of office but I cannot do it. I am using my laptop 3CX phone for windows and an internet connection with the same characteristics that I used before but something in not working. I already:

Uncheck Disallow use of extension outside the LAN
Run firewall checker and all is fine

What else can be? How can I check port forwarding set as expected / recommended ?

Thanks for your help

Hi, I just wrote the last post.. The debug 3CX phone register appears:

Tunnel connetion attempt failed.
Tunnel is attempting to connect remote tunnel 123456 (187.162.XX.XXX:5090)

What could be the issue?

Pablooo

You should have started your own post instead of hijacking one that is not related (other than not being able to connect) to your issue.

You need to look at the 3CX PBX logs, for a clue, as to why the tunnel isn't working for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.