Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Remote rollout of client

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Andrew Barr, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew Barr

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to push out the 3CX client to about 150 machines over the last few days, but failing miserably.

I have tried both running the msi with a /q and /quiet arguments, also tried msiexec as well. Looking at the logging I get a permissions issue, but I am a running as a local+domain admin accounts and it still fails.

Running "3CXPhoneforWindows15.msi /passive" from the run window works but I cant seems to run it remotely or via a batch file.

Looking through the forums there is a lot of talk about auto provisioning, but I dont necessarily need this, I just want to roll out the client before we send out the welcome emails.

Does anyone have any ideas, majority of our users are not local admins, so would want to push this out using psexec or similar.

thanks

Andy

2. Brad Cann

Brad Cann New Member

why not just use group policy and be done with it?

3. Andrew Barr

I had seen reports that this wasn't possible yet, so completely discounted it.

Are you able to confirm that this works as a roll out method.

4. Brad Cann

Brad Cann New Member

We run a terminal server environment here, so no i haven't but having seen the 3cx windows client installer, its nothing special.

Just create a test OU and deploy it to that and throw a few boxes in there and see.

5. dan_tx

dan_tx New Member

6. vizualpro

vizualpro New Member

I can confirm that installing the client via Group Policy using the MSI works without a hitch. Where you will run into problems is with the installation of .NET and VS Runtime if not already installed on the machines.
    It looks like @dan_tx pointed you to a good resource with PDQ though!
    PDQ .NET 4 Install

While you're working in GP, don't forget to setup a policy to mark your VoIP packets from clients and server as priority as well :)

7. drewswiz

My clients already have .NET 4.5 or 4.6 but refer to my other post here for script with C++ Redistributable silent install prior to client install. May be why yours fails

8. Tobias Pieper

This is correct, but i think that is not the Solution.
    If the 3CX Phone System has special system requirements, then it is meanwhile no problem to implement all required components in the setup routine.

I have already mentioned the problem a few times, but always received a "tired smile" for it.

Deployment via GPO is now "state of the art".

3CX talks about enterprise versions and high availability but with such "small" things nothing is done.
    Also with regard to AD integration (for example, as with Estos) is always on the phone by the support or our contacts in Germany "tired smiled".

My opinion! ;)

#8 Tobias Pieper, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.