• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Remote site IP blacklisted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anand Poduri

Reaction score
Hello,

My 3cx version 15.5.5. i have installed the server in US and connected the phone from remote site. everything working fine. while configuring the new extension on remote site, one of my colleague entered wrong password on Polycom 331 sip configuration. The IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx has been blacklisted for 1800 sec. (Expires at: 2017/1005 11:08:40). Reason: Too many failed authentications! we waited almost a day! Due to this all the phones down in remote site.

How to unblock this IP? i have whitelisted the IP in Blacklist IP page, but still the phone is not registering.

Thanks,
Anand

In the IP Blacklist screen, is the IP address still blacklisted - if so delete it

Hello @Anand Poduri ,

if you go under Extensions>>Your Extension>>Options, is the option "Disallow use of extension outside the LAN" ticked? If yes, untick it and see if the phone registers.

Hope this helps.

Hi Saqqara, The IP is not showing in the IP Blacklist Screen.

Hi AndreasPo_3CX, I checked "Disallow use of extension outside the LAN" its already unchecked. while configuring i have unchecked this all the phones were working fine remotely. The IP blacklisted all because of invalid password.

Thanks,
Anand

And one more thing, we have another remote office from there all the phones are working. that office has different IP address.

Thanks,
Anand Poduri

@Anand Poduri ,

Try adding the public IP of that site to the whitelist manually and check if that lets the phone register.

Yeah, i tried that too. I have added IP address of remote office in Blacklist screen and allowed. still phones are not registering.

The phone was setup working fine, i used the same instructions and phone worked well. all this went down because entering wrong password.

To test the phone configuration, I Just connected to my standby internet connection, phones are registered and working great. how to unblock the blocked IP address.?

If 3CX blocked the IP (as shown by the log), then it will be in the IP Blacklist, and can be deleted. I have no idea where else it would go.

The only way to block or unblock IP addresses from the PBX is from withing the IP Blacklist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.