Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

remote + tunnel - can't connect

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ZenMasta, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

Having trouble connecting remotely using 3cx phone.
    In 3cx Console: listening port 5090
    password is set.

I have created one extension
    Extension: 120, under phone provisioning tab I have check the box marked to enable 3cx Tunnel

Firewall: PFSense
    NAT TCP/UDP Port 5090
    External: my wan ip
    points to 192.168.13.144

RULE: allow tcp/udp 5090 to 192.168.13.144

When I try to connect with the 3cxphone it just says Not Connected. And I don't know if there is a log or anything to check.

I was able to connect previously before I upgraded to v10 and changed hardware. Besides the version change the only thing that changed was my internal ip which I have already accounted for.

I have even disabled windows firewall even though I don't believe I should have to. What am I missing?

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    In the main menu, click the Debug option to open the debug window - there is not any useful hint? Which 3CXphone version do you have (as shown in About) ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

And check the 3CX server log to see if the registration attempt is even reaching 3CX through your router.
    You changed the local IP of 3CX in the 3CX phone too?

4. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

Phone version 5.0.14900.0

I don't really remember doing anything since my last post to this topic. However as restarted the phone it actually connected. So yaay I guess.

5. ghassan

hello guys ,
    i have same problem too . im using dyndns.org , i've tired from it and forward ports from 1~50000 and always its gives me authentication failed ,
    i've think about another idea i've make my 3CX server as DMZ and its still have same problem ,, is there anybody can support us

6. daver56

I am having the same problem. I cannot connect from outside my local LAN. I have verified my DYNDNS address point to my home DSL IP address, I have used a remote port status checker and verified that 5060 and 5090 are both open. I have tried connecting using 3CX for IPhone and with 3CX VOIP Phone. Both work fine locally but both fail remote. I am testing this to be able to recomend it to a friend to purchase for his business. At this point I cannot recomend anything. HELP!

7. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Are you allowing connections outside the LAN to you 3CX server ? In version 10 you should allow them explicitly for each remote extension.

The problem with dyndns.org could be the amount of inquiries for resolving IP address. I would rather suggest using a router (at remote site), which could establish a VPN tunnel using dyndns to the main site with 3cx server.

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. willow

willow Member

I would try it without dyndns and see it it registers. I do beleive that in the 3cx you also need to have have the sip domain as the dyn dns as well. I have always learned that dyn dns and the 3cx sometimes do not play well together.

9. Gabriele

Hi ZenMasta, have you solved the problem with PFsense? I have the same exact problem
    I've tried to setup it but 3CX Tunnel doesn't work.. It isn't a 3CX problem because with previous DDWRT router works fine.
    Can you help me?
    Thanks

10. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I use DynDNS because of a non-static public IP and have never had any issues relating to it's use.

That said...you do need to enter your DynDNS info into the Domain Name in 3CX or it will reject your calls thinking that you are attempting an unauthorised direct SIP call.

You can confirm this by using your public IP, in pace of the DyNDNS URL in your remote device. If you don't have the configuration correct, using the public IP will work, but the URL will not.

If you still have a problem using the tunnel, then it is another issue, unrelated to the use of a dynamic IP (router port forwarding?).

11. mixig

mixig Active Member

you can try simple test, CMD in windows:

telnet WAN_IP_OF_3CX 5090

if you get some prompt it is not firewall issue, port is forwarded, also check the Server activity log on 3cx, or start wireshark on machine where 3cx is installed to see what`s happening

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.