Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Remote user can't answer a call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Mullenlaw, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mullenlaw

Trying to track this down.
    Remote phone. Can make calls. Audio works, etc.

But, incoming calls can't be answered. It rings. Can hit Ignore or reject and they "seem" to do something.
    Pressing answer or the line or any other you'd answer a call is ignore and acts like you've done nothing.

It may be the remote firewall??

Phone is a Poly 320....
    :roll:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If everything else seems to be working, then I wouldn't suspect a firewall issue as other SIP messages are getting through.

You could confirm using Wireshark (at either end) to see if a message is sent, when the set is answered.

Might be a set problem? Firmware/corruption? You could try a factory reset/reconfigure if all else fails. Move the set to a the local LAN, see if the same problem still occurs.

3. Mullenlaw

New handset. Had just provisioned on the LAN and then moved it offsite.
    So I think the set is not the issue.. but...

I'll see if I see anything with wireshark....

4. Mullenlaw

Okay - did a little watching with WireShark. For some reason the Poly is still trying to contact the server using the local (internal network) address. Poly's web interface is incomplete. Haven't figured out how to change the provisioning path via the web interface.

So, I think it is the Polycom phone. Some how it's using the wrong provisioning info.

5. Ian Joyce

I see a lot of people having issues with Polycom remote and 3CX. You may want to look at an alternative for remote extensions if possible like the Grandstream or Yealink.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Mullenlaw

Not really a good solution. We have half a dozen we specifically want to use for remote locations. :O

7. Mullenlaw

It's definitely not the router. I can use a soft phone just fine.

It appears to be a signaling problem. The extension cannot answer the call and even when the call is terminated by the calling party the remote extension continues to ring.

So is that UDP 5090 ?

:?:

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Port 5090 is generally used for the tunnel option.

Port 5060, towards 3CX is used for messaging (default port, unless you've changed it). That's the one that doesn't seem to be getting through (for you) or is misdirected. The set appears to be unable to tell 3Cx that it has answered. Perhaps the use of Wireshark at the remote end, would provide some insight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.