Remote Video Extensions (Yealink VP-2009) not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ifworld, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ifworld

I'm sure this is some type of NAT issue but I've been trying to figure it out for the past few days and finally decided to break down and see if anyone had any suggestions. We are trying to setup a remote video system for a client. Basically they will be using 3CX softphones with webcams in their office and they will be sending a Yealink VP-2009 to their remote clients.
    The system isn't a part of a PSTN connection or VOIP provider. This is strictly just a company user video communcation system. Here is the current config.

3CX Free version (for now, will upgrade to pay version once things are tested and working)
    3CX is behind an Astaro Firewall running latest firmware version.
    Currently has port 5060 Dnat'd to the 3CX box as well as ports 9000-9049 Dnat'd to the 3cx box behind the firewall.
    External VP-2009 phone using stun server stun.3cx.com setup.
    Internally have tried both a VP-2009 and a 3CX Softphone with webcam configured as a normal internal extension.

The audio seems to be working alright for the most part but I can't get the video to show. But one strange thing is if I have two VP-2009 phones connected via STUN, both audio and video work fine. So it seems to me something is being blocked on the Astaro Firewall connecting back to an internal client.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The final idea of this is to be able to config a VP-2009 as a remote extension using STUN and be able to use it as a video extension on the outside.

2. teldotnet

use the tunnel proxy software, its the only way to make remote video phones work. we have remote VP2009 working over the tunnel

3. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

We have setup remote VP2009 phones without having to use the tunnel and it worked great. Both sides were using Cisco SA520 security appliances without the VPN configured.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.