Remote Voicemail access Extension not recognized

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by double8pex, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. double8pex

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2010
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    0
    I've setup our Auto Attendant for option 9 to connect to the Voicemail system at extension 9999. I'm able to access the AA and press option 9 and get transferred to the voicemail system.

    The problem is, when it prompts me for the extension number - it does NOT recognize the extension. I tried different extensions and same result. After 3 tries, the call disconnects.

    Any ideas?

    Our setup:

    - 3CX v8
    - 4 digit extensions (extensions start with 9; ex 9xxx)
    - VM extension at 9999
    - AA extension at 8000

    We're setting this up so our users can access vm remotely.
     
  2. abc123

    abc123 Active Member

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2009
    Messages:
    712
    Likes Received:
    1
    Did you install this as a 4 digit extension or did you change from 3 to 4 digit? I have seen this happen when a 3 digit is upgraded to 4 digit extensions
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. abc123

    abc123 Active Member

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2009
    Messages:
    712
    Likes Received:
    1
    I also saw this in the V9 forum (are you running 8 or 9 - i would upgrade to v9 sp2 if i was you and it will fix it)

    Or read 3Cx's manual fix here

    http://www.3cx.com/forums/bug-accessing-another-s-voicemail-box-16599.html#p85128
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. double8pex

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2010
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    0
    It was originally setup with 4 digit extensions.

    ABC's redirect post to MichaelB's fix worked for us:

    "Go to the LoginVmail.vxml file located in the IVR directory inside the http directory (c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr) contains the following:
    <field name="ext_number_field">
    <grammar>#|[0-9|*]{3-3}</grammar>

    and changed this to:

    <field name="ext_number_field">
    <grammar>#|[0-9|*]{4}</grammar>
    <grammar>#|[0-9|*]{4}</grammar>
    "
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/bug-accessing-another-s-voicemail-box-16599.html#p85128

    Thanks everyone!
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.