Remotely USE of myphone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by d.pallotta, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d.pallotta

With the new Myphone Silverligth Application, is it possibile to remotely connect to pbx via HTTP???

I noticed that the myphone silverligth application always refers to the IP/HOSTNAME of the local machine
    (i.e. "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Silverlight\sllauncher.exe" 1859439592.pbxhostname").

Is there a way to use the myphone application remotely from the internet without being in a VPN tunnel???

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

yes, we have done this for a few customers, from your remote location open the below URL from Internet explorer.

http://Remote-IP-OF-3CX:5000/MyPhone

you will then be asked for the extension number and pin like normal, you can then use the option to install locally on the remote PC.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. whitewhite

Hi davidbenwell,

Do you know if remote user can install desktop component? it seems unstable connection to me. According to the security log, some traffic are blocked. Do you know the port ranges?

4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

MyPhone only uses port 5000. I work remotely and have desktop components installed and everything seems to be working fine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.