Solved Remove DID from Caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jeffvz@gmail.com, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffvz@gmail.com

I moved from version 14 to 15 about two weeks ago. The transition went better than I could have hoped for and now I'm dealing with some of the quirks that changed. In version 14 when someone called in over either the SIP or the VOIP Gateway, the caller ID showed the caller's number or other information passed to it. In version 15, I'm now getting the DID number the caller called plus the name and number. If it was needed, it might be nice but for my team it just adds clutter and confusion to the screen. It sometimes causes the caller's information to get cut off as the phone display runs out of space for characters. I've looked and searched the blogs but nothing is pointing me in the right direction. How do I remove the Called DID information from the Caller ID info being displayed on the phone?

Thanks

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello there,

If i understand correctly what you want you can remove this by navigating to Contacts>> Options and select "Do not add" from Add Group, Queue or DID/DDI Names to Caller ID.
    Give it a try and let us know if that works

3. jeffvz@gmail.com

Yes, that appears to have fixed the problem. I never would have looked there. Thanks for the help!!

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear it worked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.