Remove/modify Speed Dial buttons on Polycom

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by double8pex, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. double8pex

Hello all,

We've got various model Polycom phones - 650, 331. 330, etc - running with 3CX version 8. The phones are being provisioned automatically using the default Polycom Phone Provisioning Template.

Everytime I create a new extension and provision a phone to it, the physical buttons are assigned with extensions by default. This is all fine and dandy but I dont want these random extensions as the default speed dial buttons. So my question is:

How do I modify the Polycom Phone Template to stop pushing down these 'random' speed dial settings? Can I modify these speed dial buttons or change them to show my extensions (as additional lines) instead?

I tried Polycom Support but they weren't all that helpful with custom programming inconjuntion with 3CX. Programming the Polycom phones is the biggest roadblock we have at the moment.

2. pjr

pjr New Member

This is a royal pain in the butt with Polycom phones but can be gotten around by doing what you suggested and using the spare line keys for additional lines for the extension.

To do so you need to amend the reg.1.linekeys= value in the default Polycom Template to reflect the number of lines available on the model of phone to which the template relates - eg for IP32x/IP33x models = 2, for IP550 = 4 and IP 650 = 6 etc

This is also detailed in this great video by Kerry Garrison from 888 VoIP Store

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIUEwfcuxPM

Thanks

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.