Remove + plus sign from incoming callerID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tsukraw, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

Subject says it all.
    We have a SIP trunk provider and all our calls come in as format +x-xxx-xxx-xxxx
    On phones like GXP2200 the plus throws off the caller ID matching since in outlook no one has there contacts entered with the + sign.
    Is there anyway on the incoming callerID to have it strip out the plus sign? I would think this should be possible isnt it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you go into 3CX trunks and click on the trunk number (i.e. 10000) of the group you wish to "modify", you'll find a tick box near the bottom, to modify the incoming caller ID. Check that and additional options will open up.

3. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

No kidding!!
    All i needed to do was put it
    + in International Prefix
    EMPTY Country Code
    EMPTY Area Code prefix
    EMPTY Area Code
    Local Number Length of 11

Plus sign is gone number shows as just the 11 digits!!!

Do you see any issue with that config or will it be an issue down the road at all?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It really all depends on whether the number format, from that provider, ever changes, or the number format, that you send, on outbound calls, changes. In either case, you will probably just have to "re-tweak" your caller ID, or outbound rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.