Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Remove trunk/gateway ID from incoming caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DanReid, Dec 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanReid

Ok, I'm sure this must be a simple one, but I can't seem to find the solution anywhere. I have a PSTN gateway set up using a Linksys SPA-3102. Whenever I get an incoming call via this gateway, it comes up with the gateway's ID and then the caller ID. ie, if the gateways extension number is 10003 and I get a call from 0123456789, the caller ID on my phones will display;

I want rid of the gateway ID, so it only shows the caller ID, as it is a problem on one-line display phones. eg. my Aastra 6739i displays as above, but my Snom M9s only show me 10003. This makes the caller ID display useless on the M9s.

I don't need to know the ID of the gateway the call is coming in on. It's unnecessary information. So is there a way I can turn this off?

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Try changing the fields in 'inbound parameters' for the trunk - specially 'From' fields.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DanReid

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, most of the information there means nothing to me! Do you have any idea what I should change the field to - or alternatively, is there any literature that would explain the terminology to me?

EDIT: Don't worry about it. I decided to prod around and seem to have sorted it by changinf Inbound "From: User part" to "CallerName" rather than "CallerNum"

4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

The problem is various providers / phones are interpreting this info differently. Generally is safe to set both 'From:' fields to 'CallerName' or 'CallerNum'. This usually solves the problem.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.