Removing the paging beep without removing it from other areas. (voicemail)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AustinM95, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AustinM95

I'd like to remove the beep that precedes a page. However, when I modify that the beep.wav file in the system prompts it also affects the beep you hear before leaving a voicemail. Is there a solution to remove one without affecting the other?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The beep that you hear when paging is not normally being generated by the system, but rather by the phone. Depending on how doing a page, page group, multi-cast, etc., it is inefficient to expect the PBX to send an INVITE page to each phone, and then upon seeing the response from each, to then send an audio wav file beep to each again. Take a look at the phone interface and see.

As an example, Grandstream phones have a section for each account to set-up intercom settings and their case, they have a setting - "Play warning tone for Auto Answer Intercom"

3. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

I haven't checked in SP4 but there is a beep generated by 3CX when used as a paging group (hence his question). Removing the beep.wav or replacing it with silence does solve the issue but that same sound is referenced for other things (like VM beep). You'll need to make this a feature request in the ideas section.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. AustinM95

I should have mentioned we're using Yealink phones.

When doing a multi-cast page, you will hear two beeps from the phone (this is generated by the Yealink).
    However, when I modify the beep.wav file (make it silent) in the 3CX console, restart services and try a page using a paging group(not multi-cast) the beep is silent with no re-provisioning of the phones after the changes. This leads me to believe that the PBX is in fact sending the beep tone to each phone.

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

upload_2018-4-16_7-15-35.png
    I will see what I can do to test when in the office later, but the above is the same setting for Yealink. Is it possible that more than one account is set, which may explain the two beeps?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.