Rename SIP Trunk

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Chris Williams, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Williams

I'm trying to rename a SIP trunk and getting a message "Given name not unique". I am trying to name it the same as another trunk. My understanding is that we should be able to rename a trunk. I am running V15 Standard which was upgrade around 6 months ago from V10 free.

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

You should be able to rename a trunk (in v.15 / 15.5), but each trunk should have unique name obviously, this is a way to distinguish between trunks, beside they should have unique authentication id (main trunk number).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  3. Chris Williams

My apologies (i'm new to this)...it looks like they are actually gateways...what I am trying to accomplish is having 4 "lines" named the same for outbound call purposes...to be able to have 4 sim calls on that gateway.

upload_2017-9-11_14-26-52.png

Attached Files:

4. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

If your gateways have different addresses (they are different hosts) they need to have different names and main trunk numbers. If this is one multi-channel / multi-port gateway, you can create it as a custom gateway and handle outgoing call routing inside the gateway (most of them will allow). If you have several physical gateways you can handle outbound rules in 3CX -- up to 5 priorities supported per rule.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What type (make/model), gateway(s) are you using?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.