Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Rename SIP Trunk

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Chris Williams, Sep 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Williams

I'm trying to rename a SIP trunk and getting a message "Given name not unique". I am trying to name it the same as another trunk. My understanding is that we should be able to rename a trunk. I am running V15 Standard which was upgrade around 6 months ago from V10 free.

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

You should be able to rename a trunk (in v.15 / 15.5), but each trunk should have unique name obviously, this is a way to distinguish between trunks, beside they should have unique authentication id (main trunk number).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  3. Chris Williams

My apologies (i'm new to this)...it looks like they are actually gateways...what I am trying to accomplish is having 4 "lines" named the same for outbound call purposes...to be able to have 4 sim calls on that gateway.

upload_2017-9-11_14-26-52.png

Attached Files:

4. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

If your gateways have different addresses (they are different hosts) they need to have different names and main trunk numbers. If this is one multi-channel / multi-port gateway, you can create it as a custom gateway and handle outgoing call routing inside the gateway (most of them will allow). If you have several physical gateways you can handle outbound rules in 3CX -- up to 5 priorities supported per rule.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What type (make/model), gateway(s) are you using?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.