Renaming Custom1Name & Custom2Name Not Propagating

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JCLloyd, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

I have decided to rename the Custom1Name & Custom2Name fields and have all the clients update. I first found the fields in Settings -> PBX Settings. When that did not seem to work, I found them in Settings -> Custom Parameters. I typed over them, even though they had updated, just in case.

So far, I have 4 test units in operation, and none of them are updating. I had already manually changed 2 of them, at the user console, in Windows 3CX Client.

Is there something I need to do to get the 3CX server software to push an update to the clients?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @JCLloyd,

After renaming the statuses from Settings>PBX and save, you will need to restart the 3CX client in order to see the change right away.
    Just click on the Settings icon at the top right of the client and hit on exit client. After starting again the 3CX Client, you must be able to see the new statuses.

3. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

It turns out that I had typed something into the options, on the client. That overrides the 3CX server settings. It makes perfect sense, in hind sight...

. If I change the fields for Custom1Name & Custom2Name, I need to go to existing clients and delete the "Custom Profile Name" field of the button. As soon as I click the "OK", the button name updates on that client.

I am not sure if that is the expected behavior, but it is what I am experiencing.

I am good, now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 JCLloyd, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.