Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Renewing Certificate Doesn't Work

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by patricksmalley, Oct 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patricksmalley

I am trying to follow this KB article:
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/renewing-ssl-certificate/

I replaced the files, then restarted the service, the old certificate is still being displayed when browsing to the website.

I have checked the Nginx logs and there are no errors, no acknowledgment of a problem.

Anyone have an idea of something to try?

2. AJ Smith

Also having issues...hopefully someone at 3cx will chime in soon!

3. Sopock

Sopock Member

Maybe you should try different browser and/or Clear SSL State in Internet Options...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. patricksmalley

I have tried different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer) as well as different computers, still the same old certificate.

5. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi all,

What version of the 3CX Phone system are you on (service pack, Linux or windows)?

6. patricksmalley

I am running: v15.5.3849.1
    Enviroment: Windows Server 2016 Standard v1607.14393.1715

7. AJ Smith

Any tricks to try?

8. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

By the time nginx starts, it is not a cert+key file issue most likely. I have seen this a few others times when FQDN mapping to IPs gets mixed up, so some users get confused and are changing the certificates on the wrong machine by accident because the FQDN mapping is wrong.

See if this is the case as I have seen this more times that I would have expected.

Anyhow, if this does not work out you could try re-installing 3CX with a backup w/o Licensing Key and FQDN information option and re-upload the key+cert files during the installation process, ot be sure that it is done correctly.
    There is always the alternative to switch to using a 3CX managed Cert which will do all this for you automatically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.