Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Reoccuring issues.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lendale, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lendale

we are using build 24018.
    and Grandstream gxp1450 1.0.3.30 handsets.

At least once a week the handsets will lose their DTFM settings and we have to manually configure them to send tones in audio.
    Also the phonebook will just simply loose all its numbers and be empty.

Has anyone come across this before as this is really getting me slightly angry now !

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I have a few of thye 1450s in use, using V11. Not sure which version your build points to, but suspect V10.

In any event, I just logged into client to see how the phones were functioining. They were one build of firmware behind what you are showing, and were last restarted 42 days ago. It does not appear that the phones have suferred any changes to the setting such as you have described. I noticed the GS has a newer version of FW 1.0.4.9, which I went ahead and upgraded to.

My only thought is whether you manually configured the phones or had them provisioned via 3CX at some point and if auto-configure is still enabled in the phones such that they are automatically downloading a configuration that perhaps is not what you want.

The phones I have are maually provisioned and auto update is off, except for firmware check.

3. mixig

mixig Active Member

Hi,
    our 1450 were on v10 with 1.0.1.x , now they are upgraded on 1.0.4.9 on v11, no problem, like lnevlett says maybe is the problem with provisionig, you can try put one of them without provisioning to see what will happen. Also you can edit provisioning template in 3cx for GS 1450 for DTMF to be in-adudio by default:

# Send DTMF. 0 - no, 1 - yes
    # in-audio
    P2301 = 0
    # Via RTP (RFC2833)

P2302 = 1

# Via SIP INFO
    P2303 = 0

# DTMF Payload Type
    P79 = 101

4. lendale

Cheers for this.
    It looks like the phones have been provisioned, but the template has the dtmf option set to rcp232..
    I have changed the template to use the audio, and re provisioned the phones (only 1 to test).
    Also i pushed the newfirmware to it aswell for good measure....

Just need to work out the phonebook now.

5. mixig

mixig Active Member

For get a phonebook IP phones are using TCP port 5000 also as for the provisioning, so if the provisioning is working the port is open, you can check in phone does it have a string for phonebook, also check template is the xml phonebook is enabled (by default it is enabled)

#----------------------------------------
    # XML Phonebook
    #----------------------------------------
    # Enable Phonebook XML Download
    # 0 = No
    # 1 = YES, HTTP
    # 2 = YES, TFTP
    # Default is No.
    P330 = 1

# Phonebook XML Server Path
    # This is a string of up to 128 characters that should contain a path to the XML file.
    # It MUST be in the host/path format. For example: "directory.grandstream.com/engineering"
    {IF network=LOCALLAN}
    P331 = %%pbx_ip%%:%%pbx_http_port%%/provisioning
    {ENDIF}
    {IF network=REMOTESTUN}
    P331 = %%pbx_ip%%:%%pbx_http_port%%/provisioning
    {ENDIF}
    {IF network=REMOTESPM}
    P331 = %%param::pBXPUBLICIP%%:%%pbx_http_port%%/provisioning
    {ENDIF}

under the settings-> advanced settings-> Phonebook XML Server Path: you can check path for phonebook

6. lendale

awesome.
    I have now dished out the phonebook to all handsets.
    and it has stored them.

I will Test this over the next few days for stability.

thanks for all your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.