Solved Replace "+" with "00"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by John Ranger, Sep 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Ranger

Hi all,

I am struggling with striping the "+" from any international number Format and replace it with "00".

Q: Why I want to do this?
    A: Because our VoiP-Provider (or maybe 3CX) seems not to be able to process the "+" - but it works fine if using "00".

Hint: Most international numbers today are found in the Format +xx .... so it is most easy to copy&paste such numbers into the 3CX win phone but then the number is not accepted and must be modified every time in order to work.

So: How do I either make 3CX work with the "+" Format or let it automatically replace the "+" by changing it into "00"?

Thanks for all of your Input and

with Kind regards,

John

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @John Ranger

The format you stored the numbers is correct and the PBX can handle numbers starting with + just fine. You can create an outbound rule that strips 1 digit and prepend 00 to the outgoing number.

John Ranger likes this.
  3. John Ranger

Hi YiannisH,

thanks for your extremely fast Reply! It is highly appreciated.

And yes, your advice perfectly worked.

I have tried more complicated rules like exchanging +41 by a 0 and this worked only when I stripped 2 (not 3) Digits and was searching for "41", not "+41" - so I was supposing that the "+" is ignored within the PBX (which was a false thought on my side).

Thanks again and

with Kind regards,

John

4. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Well, it seems this behavior changed in version 14 and newer. In earlier versions was possible to strip out the '+' sign in outbound rules.
    With newer versions you need to have active E.164 processing. The '+' sign is converted to '00' (or other international dialing code for USA and others), before the dialed number reaches outbound rules.

If you have '00' defined as international dialing code in E.164 and you don't remove it there, you need an outbound rule striping 4 digits and prepending '0' for dialing case +41xxx -- being transformed to 0041xxx by E.164 processing and to 0xxx by outbound rule.

I you don't have E.164 processing active may be you can still strip one digit into outbound rules, i.e. the '+' sign.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.