Replacing Aastra phonesystem by 3cx

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Nick@Troosters, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick@Troosters

Hello,

I have the following systems but would like to know which one of them I can reuse for use with 3cx and voiptelephony (SIP TRUNK):
    5 DECT Stations Type SB4+
    Phone devices :
    Aastra Office 45 (Analogue phone)
    Aastra Office 160 (DECT)
    Aastra 630d (DECT)
    Aastra Office 135 (DECT)
    Aastra 5370IP (fixed phone)
    Aastra 620d (DECT)
    Aastra 610d (DECT)
    Aastra 5360ip (fixed Phone)

Thank you already for your advice.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can use most VoIP phones that comply with SIP standards, although, if they are not officially supported by 3Cx, you'll have to try to get them working with manual configuration. If you have analogue sets, then you will need Analogue Telephone Adapters (ATA's) , one per telephone. That would allow you to re-use, regular sets.

If the sets are proprietary digital sets, then they will probably only work with the PBX that they were designed for.

3. Nick@Troosters

Hello,

yes I know all of that. But I would like to know if anyone ever made these models work or knows if they would work on 3cx, problem is this is for a new client so I cannot test it myself.

4. Nick@Troosters

I found more info on http://forum.aastra-detewe.de/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1762 which indicates what I expected already that the fixed Phones are only meant for the Aastra PBX.

So now remains the DECT station and DECT Phones to find out whether they might work.

5. trificsystems

Office 45, 135 and 160 are proprietary digital handsets and only work with Aastra systems. The rest are SIP/DECT SIP handsets and should work.
    I have used Aastra SIP DECT with 3CX in the past with good results but I believe they are unsupported. Have you seen this
    http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/aastra-dect/

6. Nick@Troosters

Yes I saw that one,
    I just hope then that DECT Station Type SB4+ has the same config options.
    I asked if the client can send me screenshots of this DECTstation saw I can confirm I can set up a IP PBX in it.

7. trificsystems

As far as I am aware the SB4+ is a SIP/DECT base station. I haven't used Aastra handsets for a while but as you know any SIP handset should work with 3CX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.