• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Replacing Avaya System

Status
Not open for further replies.

technology7

Silver Partner
Reaction score
I am trying to replace an Avaya setup, but owing to the way the client operates and some user hostile features of the phones/3cx, I am facing pulling this. Can anyone suggest a configuration that will work simply.
My client likes to put all calls on park; call the user; ask if they want the call; have them pickup call from park - OR - transfer call to VM. I tried to get them into attended transfer, but they insist on their way and to be honest the Cisco's and 3CX are clumsy. I have 504g's with sidecars at the front desk and everyone else has 504g's. Is there a phone that works better with shared parking? Cisco just display a keypad icon - useless. Is there a simple way to transfer to voicemail - no *4<ext> when i have a sidecar in place. Any and all help appreciated.

the yealinks are very good at this. simply have the call on the line and press the shared park button and thats it. to pick it up, simply the red park zone that you want.

willow said:
the yealinks are very good at this. simply have the call on the line and press the shared park button and thats it. to pick it up, simply the red park zone that you want.

Thanks, I will check that out. Does it support many park zones?

technology7 said:
willow said:

Thanks, I will check that out. Does it support many park zones?

Can the Yealink eliminate the *4<ext> mechanism to transfer to voicemail. This is somewhat ugly and if I could do that, possibly using a sidecar, that would help with my client's objections.

the yealink will support the 10 park zones that the 3cx provides.

you can program a "prefix" button on the yealink and this will add the *4 then you just dial the extension and send.

willow said:
the yealink will support the 10 park zones that the 3cx provides.

you can program a "prefix" button on the yealink and this will add the *4 then you just dial the extension and send.
\

Could I then press a speed dial or do I have to use the extension number? Sounds like we are real close to what I need.

you will have to dial the extension number. if you press a speeddial on the phone it will overwrite the *4 and just dial the extension.

Works great! Ended up using Yealink-T28's with EX39 sidecar. Park zones on T28's and used two screens on ex39, one for extensions and one for voicemails. You can setup "fred" one one key and "fred's vml" on another and have one touch to vml. Uses Transfer function and *4<ext> as string. Has to be provisioned in phone though, not from 3CX.

sounds like a good work around. Hopefully Yealink will implement this type of feature in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.