Replacing Phone System. Have the following Questions.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DFP, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DFP

DFP

Just started playing with 3CX free, but I believe it can do what I need it to do for a phone system. I have the following questions.

1. Parking is limited to 50 slots? We currently use 42 slots on our current system. Is their away around this when we hit this limit?

2. Music on hold is limited to one source? I need two sources as we have two different companies under the same roof.

3. Currently we can replace the caller's name on caller id with text saying "Main Company" or "2nd Company" so receptionist no how to answer. is this possible ?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Can you advise more on the qty of extensions and trunks expected?

42 parking slots is quite a few and I am curious as to the utilization of same.

Currently the system is limited to the 50 you mentioned. As far as i know, there is not a way to get more without engaging 3CX directly and soliciting their input.

MOH is dependent on the version of the system. In V14 (current), the in-line MOH has been removed. It is now capable to play up to 9 recordings of which you have a couple of options of how they are played, but nothing associated to your need.

In 3Cx you can set inbound rules and can label each so that it will be presented along with the CID....provided that you keep in mind the phones' display limitations; i.e., keep the rule name short so as to preserve CID info.

3. DFP

DFP

Thanks lneblett

1. We have 14 branches each. Each branch gets 3 parking spaces. After 60 seconds on park it rings back to the receptionist at the location.

2. Can you have different music on hold depending on which park space they are in?

3. Understood. We currently have this limit as well. Just giving an example.

4. lneblett

With regard to the park MOH.....no. Just one MOH.

Sorry.

5. DFP

DFP

300ish extension. 32 trunks and 400ish DIDS.

1. Does 3CX have a way to submit future programing requests?

2. I seen during the install I could host multiple 3cx installs on the same box. Maybe this is a solution to my problem? or would this make transferring calls to other branch hard?

6. lneblett

For features, yes. In the forum index look for 3CX ideas

http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cx-ideas-f57.html

With regard to hosting, an uncertain as I had not considered the possibility. Perhaps others can chime in.

7. AlexanderHanna

Hi, I want to provide some feedback to your issues.

You mentioned 14 branches; are you install one 3CX box? And if so, what about the gateway/VOIP configuration? Will they all be in one location?

If you consider the multiple instance install, you will have to keep in mind that they will all be complete separate and different installs using different ports etc. and requiring a license for each. I think that this type of install works best when you have different organizations. However, with the same organization across 14 branches, I would go with the 1 instance install.

To identify which branch is being called, I would use ring groups which you can name after the branch. This way, when someone calls and the call is routed via the ring group to the operator, it will show the ring group (branch name) on the operator’s phone. I have done this many times and it works great.

As for MoH, with the one instance install, all branches will share the same MoH.

Additionally, I would go with the one instance because it will be much easier to manage calling across branches.

I would have to get more information on how you are using the Call Parking before I can comment.

Hope this helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. DFP

DFP

One server in our Corp building. Currently all of our lines come in through one SIP provider.

Parking is being used to go back to the correct ring group. So if someone from branch "one" picks up a call the call goes back to branch "one" ring group. The only way in our current system to do is have different park keys. We do three park keys at each location which seems to be the correct amount. If a call needs to be transferred to a different branch they just type the ring group 4 digit code or transfer the key to the correct extension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.