Report on Greetings

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Our Chief Marketing Officer wants to ensure everyone has atleast 1 greeting recorded.
    Is there an easy way to tell who does and does not have a greeting recorded?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

At the file level.. C:\programdata\3cx\data\ivr\voicemail\data
    Before 12.. it was always savevmgreeting.wav.. but now mileage will vary.

So.. perhaps try this:

forfiles /p c:\programdata\3cx\data\ivr\voicemail\data /c "cmd /c if not exist @path\savevmgreeting.wav echo @file"

I though about something more elegant.. but meh. You may be able to find out something better another way.. APIs et al. Else, Dial *4<extension> multiple times to hear what they have set.

I ran this on my own PBX.. and 303 has such a file.. but *4303 yields the default/system greeting instead. GRRRR!!!!

Hmm.. there may be better luck parsing the config XML from a backup.

3. craigreilly

thanks for the insight... i was thinking along the same lines.
    i'd put it into the idea factory, but my need might only serve 1 or 2 people, and not get implemented anyhow.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I started my *4 tirade at our office after posting.

Indeed.. found a few with the savevmgreeting.wav still there in the folder.. but their extension had "System Default" selected and thus I heard the typical system prompt. XML or API may be the better way to go.. which means you'll want a payoff with hundereds/thousands of extensions to check.

Marketing types.. :p

5. craigreilly

I had thought about the *4, then was like - well I have 3 greetings -
    1 for Available - I'm here, not maybe on the phone, hit * if you want.
    1 for Away - I;m here to day - but maybe in a meeting or at lunch
    1 for Out - I'm gone. Deal with it.

So - others might have the same thing - since they had been asking for it when we went live on v11.

No need to think about this today - or tomorrow... Turkey to be eaten. I'll deal next week. Thanks for the ideas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.