Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Report on Greetings

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Our Chief Marketing Officer wants to ensure everyone has atleast 1 greeting recorded.
    Is there an easy way to tell who does and does not have a greeting recorded?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

At the file level.. C:\programdata\3cx\data\ivr\voicemail\data
    Before 12.. it was always savevmgreeting.wav.. but now mileage will vary.

So.. perhaps try this:

forfiles /p c:\programdata\3cx\data\ivr\voicemail\data /c "cmd /c if not exist @path\savevmgreeting.wav echo @file"

I though about something more elegant.. but meh. You may be able to find out something better another way.. APIs et al. Else, Dial *4<extension> multiple times to hear what they have set.

I ran this on my own PBX.. and 303 has such a file.. but *4303 yields the default/system greeting instead. GRRRR!!!!

Hmm.. there may be better luck parsing the config XML from a backup.

3. craigreilly

thanks for the insight... i was thinking along the same lines.
    i'd put it into the idea factory, but my need might only serve 1 or 2 people, and not get implemented anyhow.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I started my *4 tirade at our office after posting.

Indeed.. found a few with the savevmgreeting.wav still there in the folder.. but their extension had "System Default" selected and thus I heard the typical system prompt. XML or API may be the better way to go.. which means you'll want a payoff with hundereds/thousands of extensions to check.

Marketing types.. :p

5. craigreilly

I had thought about the *4, then was like - well I have 3 greetings -
    1 for Available - I'm here, not maybe on the phone, hit * if you want.
    1 for Away - I;m here to day - but maybe in a meeting or at lunch
    1 for Out - I'm gone. Deal with it.

So - others might have the same thing - since they had been asking for it when we went live on v11.

No need to think about this today - or tomorrow... Turkey to be eaten. I'll deal next week. Thanks for the ideas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.