• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Reporting, Queue calls placed on Hold

Lester Williams

Free User
Reaction score
Hello,

A potential client has a reporting requirement.
Here is the scenario.

A caller reaches a queue and is answered, the agent has a customer walk into the store at the same time who needs assistance immediately.

The agent then tells the caller he will be putting them on hold while he handles the customer in the store.
The potential client needs a report of the time that caller was on hold after being answered from the queue.

The other reason for this is the client believes that customers will hold for longer if they have "human" interaction.

So agents will answer a call immediately from the queue even if they are busy and ask the caller to please be patient and put them on hold rather than leaving the caller in the queue.

Upvote 16
If you put a person on hold 3 times for 10 seconds each time for example - What would you expect?
Can you draft a report mockup on an existing report? Give us an example.

Hi Nicky,

I'm the person actually trying to write the report, so I'll stick my nose in here.

Modeled after the call log:

Code:
| Date/time             | From | To     | Talking  |Hold time |Hung up on hold |
| 05/01/2017 1:36:34 PM | Jort | Lester | 00:10:34 |00:00:30  |No              |

OR

Code:
| Call number | Hold start             | Hold end               |
| 12345       | 2017-05-10 11:23:12 am | 2017-05-10 11:23:22 am |
| 12345       | 2017-05-10 11:23:45 am | 2017-05-10 11:23:55 am |
| 12345       | 2017-05-10 11:24:10 am | 2017-05-10 11:24:20 am |

This assumes there a "call number", some unique identifier that we can use to find the related call. Then we can see if it ended at 11:24:20am, +-1 second, in which case they hung up while on hold.

NOTE! "Hold time" is AFTER the call has been answered, not to be confused with "Ringing time".

Last edited:
I am told this is a standard report function in most call center metrics.

I think this is complicated to do.

If you put the call on hold after you answered, Well that hold time is required to service that call.

I think if you put me on hold to check something for me for 30 seconds, those 30 seconds are an experience of that call and they were required for the agent to service my needs.

It can be considered as talking / serviced time.

However if you have a report of another reporting system that displays this information, I would be happy to see some screenshots and take some ideas.

Did you check if this can be done easier using CDR?

Thanks

It can be considered as talking / serviced time.
It can be factored as total time, but it really should be reported in the database as time not talking. This is one feature we are really missing in 3CX, even with 3rd party assistance because there is no known entry of hold being stored in the database.

I would think many call centers would require / really want this feature as an option to report off of. It is definitely a KPI for us. If the action is in the database, then the following should be able to reported off of: Total Hold Time, average hold time per case, average holds per call, etc

These indicators could help us gauge who might need additional training because they are putting customers on hold to ask questions, or more maliciously, who is using hold possibly for call avoidance.

Should also add a Wrong Number or Not Connected Status, having only an Answer/No Answer status is too limited for analysis.

In addition to the above, I'm regularly asked for this information for a completely different reason than you might expect. Call center managers want to know when employees are abusing the ability to put people on hold. I'm told this is a common tactic used by agents when they want a break.... they just put people on hold.

In addition to the above, I'm regularly asked for this information for a completely different reason than you might expect. Call center managers want to know when employees are abusing the ability to put people on hold. I'm told this is a common tactic used by agents when they want a break.... they just put people on hold.

Agreed. Our client call center managers want to see reports for when agents put customers on hold. Then they can look for long hold times and frequency of agents putting customers on hold. Then they can take that info to find abusers or resolve issues causing the holds to make their call center more efficient and less hold time for the customers.

Just had a customer ask about this today. They have multiple queues and take about 1200 calls a day. They want to see what agents are placing callers on hold and who are not. Add my vote.

Is there any movement on this as we also would like the reporting for hold time in the system as we run a call centre and the hold time can identify user having problems and those wanting to abuse it as well

i have attached a report from our old cisco system as an example

Attachments

• Agent Calls Report.pdf
    408.5 KB · Views: 19

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramishvohrw
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.