Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Reports attached to e-mail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ionut, Dec 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ionut

Hello,

There is a possibility to generate the reports to be attached as file to e-mail? I have my 3CX environment only in LAN and I don't want publish my PBX to Internet due to company security policies. There is any plugin for this task?

Thank you

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @ionut

When receiving an email with reports there are 2 links included. One for public and one for downloading it internally if your pbx is set up with local IP so no internet is required. You can also view you reports directly from the management console.

3. ionut

Yes, I use this from LAN. I dont have my PBX published on Internet with domain and https. I have colleagues who wants to access the reports via e-mail, outside of office from Android/IOS e-mail clients. I dont want publish my PBX on Internet only for this. Do you have any solution for this?

Thank you

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I am afraid you require access to the management console when out of office to be able to download the reports. You could add this as a feature request on our ideas section of the forum where it can be upvoted by other users and evaluated by the appropriate department.

5. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Can't you use VPN to your office, without "need to expose" your PBX to internet ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ionut

Yeah, this is not a solution for my needs. I am an IT guy, I know how to manage to connect to management console, but I need this "future" for management people, who dont have IT skills, they need the reports in PDF via e-mail..maybe you know, the management needs simplicity :)

7. ionut

I can use VPN, but my need is for management who needs the reports via e-mail. I need something simple, to create a vpn connection on iphone for someone to access the reports in PDF isnt a professional and easy solution!

8. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Then allow in your router firewall / NAT access to your PBX only to port 5001 and 5090 TCP and 5090 UDP from outside. This is enough for accessing management console / reports and remote 3CX clients to work. If you need to use a VoIP provider, whitelist his address into firewall and allow traffic to ports 5060 and 9000-9500 UDP for the whitelisted addresses. The same apply for remote extensions / sites with static public addresses.
    The other alternative (not recommended) is to modify nginx configuration to allow only specific activities from outside, there were posts on the topic.

Anyway, it seems you can't match easily your company security policies with need to access web interface of the PBX from Internet without VPN.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. ionut

Do you think for management this is a good how to do for daily report check?

10. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

You either allow direct access to management console from internet (may be per extension with necessary rights, not admin) or through VPN (if you have security concerns) or may be you can engage a secretary to send / forward reports themselves (not link) every morning (automatically generated by PBX and sent to secretary by email).
    Otherwise I don't see how to fulfill the need for accessing the PBX web interface from internet with restriction of accessing due to security policies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.