Reprovisioning Yealink T42 over STUN/Remote Connection

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rayfield, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rayfield

rayfield New Member

I set up an older Yealink T28P at my home, connected to my office 3CX server. I used Direct SIP (STUN - remote). I did have to manually set up some of the settings in the phone (such as the provisioning URL for my 3CX server), but other than that, it works fine. I can even reprovision the phone from the 3CX server's Management Console.

Now I've been trying to set up a Yealink T42G, using Direct SIP (STUN - remote), trying to connect it to a 3CX server that is hosted in a data center on a virtual machine.

I've followed the proper procedure, as outlined on the 3CX website, including resetting the phone to factory defaults.

I can get as far as the phone requesting the username/password for the RPS system, and the phone will show on the display that it is configuring. However, when I look at the settings in the phone after this, the only thing that has been configured is the provisioning URL, which is something like this: https://3cx_server_url:5001/rps

I've also tried manually configuring the phone. I can get it to register with the 3CX server just fine. However, if I try to reprovision the phone from the 3CX server's Management Console, nothing happens on the phone. It never reprovisions.

I'm stumped at this point, since using the Direct SIP and RPS works fine with my office 3CX server (running on Windows), but it just doesn't work on the 3CX server that is running on the Linux virtual machine in the data center.

Any suggestions as to what might be preventing this from working?

John Rayfield, Jr.

2. 12494

12494 Member

A couple of questions -
    1. are you certain that there is not a firewall issue for the second system - either at the network edge or the pbx o/s?
    2. has this phone been recently provisioned STUN for a different system? if so, you may need to take some measures to have it removed from the provisioning system.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rayfield

rayfield New Member

I know the firewall isn't an issue. That would be iptables and it's passing everything.

Question 2 - Maybe. I don't remember for sure, but possibly. This 3CX server is sending the information to the Yealink RPS system and I would think that would update any information that is already there. But I"m assuming.

4. 12494

12494 Member

I believe the provisioning server retains configuration for 2 weeks. There is a procedure to have 3CX delist if you need to redeploy before 2 weeks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

Have you tried doing a factory reset on the phone to see if this reset the rps ?

6. rayfield

rayfield New Member

Doing a factory reset is part of the the 'procedure' that 3CX outlines. I've followed that procedure 'to the letter'.

7. rayfield

rayfield New Member

None of this explains why the phone won't re-provision from the 3CX server, even after I manually enter the proper provisioning URL in the phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.