• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Request for Comments: Posting Guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrellchapman

Reaction score
I would like to thank 3CX for making these forums available for us to share information and help each other out. I've learned quite a bit from other users here. However, I find it increasingly difficult to find the information I'm looking with the current setup of individual forums. They currently do not allow us to break down requests by product version nor request type (bug report, feature request, support, etc.). Until 3CX sets this up, I would like to ask that we all attempt to come up with a standard format for post subjects.

My suggestion would be to include this information in the post's subject line: product version build number, followed by the request type, followed by a generalized description.

Subject: 4132: Bug Report: XXXX
Subject: 4132: Feature Request: XXXX
Subject: 4072: Support Request: XXXX

One advantage to this would be that we could immediately know the product version without having to request that information in a reply. Another advantage is that If I wanted wanted to list all bug reports for a particular product I could perform a search for "4132: Bug Report." The possibilities are endless if we could only agree on a format.

Your comments, requests, and suggestions are highly encouraged and appreciated.

Sincerely,
Darrell Chapman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murad88
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.