Request from customers**PENDING YEALINK+IDEAS.3CX.COM

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Eurylink, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eurylink

Eurylink New Member

Hi,
    I Report most requested features made by our customer:
    1) Ability to set holyday dedicated message
    2) Ringtone Control on IP Phones via sip info
    3) More thant 3 route in outbound rules
    4) Advanced incoming rules for extension (All prefer old advanced extension rules instead of the new interface). Setting rules in v.9 is a incredible waste of time for standard installations
    5) Anti Haking advanced rules with ability to ban/unban definetely. No response for banned sources.
    6) Call Back feature like for classic PBX: A transfer call to B. if the call is not answered by extension B the call come back to A.
    7) Dial code to enable/disable office Hours for thrunks (at the moment this is possible only for extension and not for trunks).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Re: Request from our customers

Hi Matteo

I am not sure if you are aware but 3cx has a features request site (which works well) at http://3cx.ideascale.com put suggestions in there and we all get to vote. some of mine are going in v10 some didnt get the votes C'est la vie :)

But some of these features you ask for are in v9 and some will be in v10.

1. I think you may be able to do this in v10 but the workround in v9 (as i think I posted to you the other day) is to use a dummy extension before the Digital Receptionist. But like you I prefer to have a real thing than the work around.
    2. How would that work? I like the concept but not sure how it would be able to be implemented. Do you mean per call?
    3. A big request from our customers too so we can drop some prefixes.
    4. We prefer the new interface as it gives us more flexibility. I admit it was different and had to get used to it, but it gives more flexibility with regards to out of office hours per extension which we need.
    5. I believe you will be able to add your own ips in v10 and will also be able to unban in v10 via the management console
    6. Again I believe it is coming in v10
    7. You can set office hours for a trunk (and a did if you want to) in the settings. I dont think there are enough dial codes to do every possible trunk though by code. you do have a dial code for the whole pbx though.

If you do request any of the missing ones in the feature request, post back here as I would go and vote for them (Execpt #4 - we dont want to go backwards :) )

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Eurylink

Eurylink New Member

I know this. We already do our observations and requests in last months. This is only a summary.

4. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

ans inline\

Hi,
    I Report most requested features made by our customer:
    1) Ability to set holyday dedicated message
    up to votes You can't make a general holiday prompt? Why do you have to tell them it's Saint Patricks day and Saint this and that? You should have a Out of office prompt because when you are on holiday you are out of the office. \

2) Ringtone Control on IP Phones via sip info
    This is Alert info. We are working on it.

3) More thant 3 route in outbound rules
    Why would you want more than 3? This is a core change. Not simple at the moment. Will not be in V10.

4) Advanced incoming rules for extension (All prefer old advanced extension rules instead of the new interface). Setting rules in v.9 is a incredible waste of time for standard installations
    You should use profiles and set automatic changes.

5) Anti Haking advanced rules with ability to ban/unban definetely. No response for banned sources.
    V10 will notify you of blacklisted ip's.
    In V10 you can now also blacklist an ip or country with one rule (if you plan this properly). You can know what countries you make business with. You can blacklist them for years with static blacklisting.

6) Call Back feature like for classic PBX: A transfer call to B. if the call is not answered by extension B the call come back to A.
    Call back is also in V10. In the Call center edition. You need to have a special 3CX Call Center edition license for Call backs.
    We also included wrap up time. That is the time that the 3CX Queue manager will wait until the agents finishes any tasks he has to do after each serviced call.

7) Dial code to enable/disable office Hours for thrunks (at the moment this is possible only for extension and not for trunks).
    Yes there is no dial code. But there is an emergency code where all extensions and trunks move to out of office forwarding rules. Also there is a cool option in V10 that after office hours, 3CX Call Manager will disable all outbound rules. No calls will be able to be made outbound. Then in Office hours, it will automatically enable outgoing calls. VoIP Providers also do this. THey disable outbound calls at night because the night, is a prime time to try and hack or get information on a pbx.

V10 is much more secure. We added a feature to the anti hacking module. This will not waste your upload bandwidth with 404 forbidden. Then it falls between you and your ISP to block. Your router will probably not understand to block these requests. This is the router/firewall's job to detect this. Like Cisco IPS does. Anyway.

Let me know when you try V10. We are celebrating tonight :)

5. Eurylink

Eurylink New Member

Hi Michael
    My request is not for a specific holidaty prompt for every holiday day but at least a specific option different from out of office hours for holidays.
    This is a limitation. Most of standard PBX (Siemens, Alcatel, Panasonic) but also many software PBX and 3CX competitors too (pbxnsip for example) have this feature anabled in standard version.
    Classic user don't need advanced features but only a basic rule. I repeat: A transfer call to B. if the call is not answered by extension B the call come back to A. No more than this. This is a request made by all italian user that come from old classic pbx that has this feature. In most of cases they don't need Queue feature but they want this simple feature.

6. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Could you please specify a call scenario where it doesn't happen?
    It is really interesting case, because it is touching the subject "blind transfer is not reliable"... last few years it was very popular...

Thanks

7. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

I think, this is implemented in the newest Yealink firmware and called SEMI-ATTENDED Transfer. Why SEMI? If a call to the user NOT transfered, it will return back.

This is a phone feature.

8. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Igor,

What is "SEMI-ATTENDED Transfer"?

Thanks

9. igor.snezhko

Q: What is “Semi-attended Transfer”?

A: As defined in RFC5589, it is “a hybrid between a fully attended transfer and an unattended transfer”. We know that when a transferor makes an attended transfer to a certain target, it waits till the target party answers and then complete the transfer, this is attended transfer. If the server supports, the transferor can hang up the call before the target party answers, and the transfer can also be completed, this is called semi-attended transfer. For Yealink phones, there’s an option for you to enable/disable semi-attended transfer.

http://www.yealink.com/index.php/Faq/detail/id/23

10. Eurylink

Eurylink New Member

This definition is new for me too but it is exactly what Classic PBX, but also IP PBX do. In most of cases this function in preferred to a queue in a small business company.
    I think this option require a PBX support....is that right Igor ?
    Tx

11. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

"blind" transfer procedure allows phone to track result of requested transfer . All supported phones does it and get the call back in case of failure. Could you please specify scenario where it doesn't work and specify devices which are participating in the call?

Thanks

12. Eurylink

Eurylink New Member

Call Back in classic PBX works when you make a blind transfer and the target extension is busy, not registered, not existing, not answered by other extension. In this case your phone ring and the call come back.
    I don't think tracking result in blind transfer on Ip phone is the same but I think it works only for not registered or not existing....

13. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: Request from customers

No this is not a call back. This is a transfer that you need. And 3CX Supports this transfer and will correctly re-route the call when a transfer attempt to a destination fails. No one calls you back here.

The procedure of a transfer should be as follows. If A and B are talking and a blind transfer is made to C and C is rejecting calls, or busy or unable to take call or unregistered, the call should be seamlessly rerouted to A and B without attending or asking for input.

If an attended transfer is made, then the person making the transfer must decide whether to reroute call or try a new destination.

Semi attended transfer is another word for blind transfer. Yealink call it this way. At least it works the same. Now this is a phone feature not a pbx feature. 3CX can support all types of transfer requests it is asked for. Now if the phone wants to forget about the call and not give rerouting capabilities, fine - this is still a valid unattended transfer. But if the phone gives the option to keep it's call legs active (in case it needs them later) then perfect - best of both worlds. We enable semi attended transfer on Yealink phones by default.

14. Eurylink

Eurylink New Member

Yes Exactly (I made a test os Semi-attended transfer with Yealink now). You are right but this feature is non supported at the moment. What you are decribing is supported in v.10 ?

15. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We added no new support in V10. Was working in V9 and remains working till now.

Contact yealink. Ask them why disable and enable semi attended transfer works the same.

IN any case, yealink works like this. it does not automatically reroute the call to you. When you transfer on a yealink phone to a destination and the destination rejects the call, it rings on line one and you have to press resume twice. Once for the call and second time to reroute the call.

Nothing to do with 3CX.

16. ned7077

A scenario where the callback feature is needed is a call comes in and is answered by an operator. The caller requests someone be paged and the call is parked and the operator pages that person. That person is unavailable but the operator doesn't know that. The call needs to ringback to the operator.

This is especially important to our company that has a large manufacturing facility where employees don't have their own extension but are paged for outside calls. This feature is required for us and is keeping me from purchasing 3cx until I can get it working.

The way it works now is a call comes in and is picked up by an operator, they park the call on location 61 and then page the office and shop for the employee to pick up the call on 61. If the call isn't picked up it rings back on the operator's extension after 90 seconds. If another call comes in and needs to be parked while 61 is occupied they park it on 62 and so on.

Sorry if I hijacked the thread.

Ned

17. igor.snezhko

So, I sure, 3CX Team should add a new type of forwarding rule called Ring Back.

The rule states, when Extension not answering for X seconds, the call sould be RUTURNED BACK to caller.

Thats all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.