Requested Features / Improvements

Discussion in 'Android' started by jsloan2, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsloan2

• Please allow a configurable range for RTP ports
    • Please keep application focus when making a call.
    • If returning the application to focus with a call in progrogress, the application re-registers to the sip server, dropping the in progress call.

Motorola Droid
    Android OS 2.1

2. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

Integration idea: You already support "Redirect normal calls". Suggest you allow appending a '+' to a number to force it to be handled by the non-default routing. For example, with Redirect normal calls OFF, adding a '+' would force a call to go via VoIP. If this were implemented, the Redirect normal calls option might be better implemented as a choice

Default call routing
    • Mobile Network
    • 3CX Phone (VoIP)
    with a note saying that appending a '+' would force the call to go via the non-default route. I got this idea from SipDroid, and I found it handy.

Ideas which might not be so obvious
    • Use IME keyboard instead of the hardwired one. This would allow entering sip addresses and allow using add-on Input Methods, like "Better Keyboard" and Swype.
    • When displaying the Contacts list from 3CX, if a number is selected the call goes via the regular phone instead of 3CX (unless "Redirect normal calls" is on). This was a surprise.
    • Allow use of an email address as a SIP address. When you click a contact's email address, and there is more than one email-composing "handler" (e.g. GMail and Email) you get a "Complete Action Using" dialog allowing you to specify which mail composer to use. Imagine if one of the choices were "SIP Call"!
    • Separate default ringtone for SIP calls (still overridden by per-user ringtone)
    • No-service notification (a real notification: selectable audio and vibrate on-off)
    • Blink LED blue or ?? when SIP available
    Others which are mostly obvious:
    • Per-call recording
    • Tunneling (I know you said it's coming)
    • Transfers
    • Multi-line (at least 2)
    Verizon HTC Incredible
    Android OS 2.1u1

3. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

From http://www.3cx.com/blog/3cxphone/android/advanced/:
    Can this really be true? If WiFi is available, shouldn't it be used in preference? Or did I mis-read the above?

4. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

I want to emphasize the importance of being able to call SIP addresses, not just numeric ones.

5. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

More ideas:
    • Call waiting click-over
    • 3-way calling
    • Instead of the "append + for non-default routing", can a click in the contacts list pop up a choice dialog - VoIP or Mobile"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.