• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Requested Features / Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsloan2

Reaction score
  • Please allow a configurable range for RTP ports
  • Please keep application focus when making a call.
  • If returning the application to focus with a call in progrogress, the application re-registers to the sip server, dropping the in progress call.

Motorola Droid
Android OS 2.1

Integration idea: You already support "Redirect normal calls". Suggest you allow appending a '+' to a number to force it to be handled by the non-default routing. For example, with Redirect normal calls OFF, adding a '+' would force a call to go via VoIP. If this were implemented, the Redirect normal calls option might be better implemented as a choice

Default call routing
  • Mobile Network
  • 3CX Phone (VoIP)
with a note saying that appending a '+' would force the call to go via the non-default route. I got this idea from SipDroid, and I found it handy.

Ideas which might not be so obvious
  • Use IME keyboard instead of the hardwired one. This would allow entering sip addresses and allow using add-on Input Methods, like "Better Keyboard" and Swype.
  • When displaying the Contacts list from 3CX, if a number is selected the call goes via the regular phone instead of 3CX (unless "Redirect normal calls" is on). This was a surprise.
  • Allow use of an email address as a SIP address. When you click a contact's email address, and there is more than one email-composing "handler" (e.g. GMail and Email) you get a "Complete Action Using" dialog allowing you to specify which mail composer to use. Imagine if one of the choices were "SIP Call"!
  • Separate default ringtone for SIP calls (still overridden by per-user ringtone)
  • No-service notification (a real notification: selectable audio and vibrate on-off)
  • Blink LED blue or ?? when SIP available
Others which are mostly obvious:
  • Per-call recording
  • Tunneling (I know you said it's coming)
  • Transfers
  • Multi-line (at least 2)
Verizon HTC Incredible
Android OS 2.1u1

From https://www.3cx.com/3cxacademy/videos/advanced/:
Enable 3G – If this option is enabled, 3G will be used to setup VoIP Calls when 3G is available. It is possible to switch this off in case your provider has problems with or blocks VoIP calls over 3G
Can this really be true? If WiFi is available, shouldn't it be used in preference? Or did I mis-read the above?

I want to emphasize the importance of being able to call SIP addresses, not just numeric ones.

More ideas:
  • Call waiting click-over
  • 3-way calling
  • Instead of the "append + for non-default routing", can a click in the contacts list pop up a choice dialog - VoIP or Mobile"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.