Requested Supported Phone Please

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by thereverend, Jul 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thereverend

thereverend New Member

I am requesting that 3cx please create a way to configure the Altigen IP 710 phones or If someone has made these work with 3cx without going thru an Altigen server please let me know. They are nice phones and I have a few but I can not get them to work with 3cx. Thank you in advance. I like your software far better than any others. Just need to get support for this phone and Ill be 100% happy!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If, as you suggest, these phones require the use of a (possibly?) proprietary server, and you haven't yet found a way to manually configure them, then you may be of of luck. While 3CX uses open standards and many devices that are not "officially" supported by them will work (for most basic functions, at least), when manually configured, then expecting a configuration template, for a device, whose makers have made it difficult, if not impossible to use without associated "products", may be expecting a bit too much.

There would have to be a great demand for this specific product to make it worthwhile not only acquiring samples to test, but dedicating the hours required. The folks at 3CX may be able to offer a different answer, but I really wouldn't hold my breath.

Might I suggest you approach Altigen to see if they are willing to to come up with 3CX templates as GS has done.

3. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

I think you got your answer in your previous post http://www.3cx.com/forums/altigen-ip-710-40936.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.