Reserve a busy extention

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AEnrico, Feb 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AEnrico

Hi, sorry for my english,
    Telephone: Snom d745

1) Is possible reserve a busy extension with an acoustic alert when he gets free?

Thanks

2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @AEnrico

I'm not quite sure if i understand your request exactly. Do you mean to monitor an extension so you'll know when it's free? If this is the case, you cannot set an acoustic alert for this, but using a BLF you can monitor an extension's status. Usually the BLF will turn red or orange while busy and green when free.

3. AEnrico

Hello Marios,
    Thanks for the answer

4. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

5. voiptoys

voiptoys Member

How about this -- you create a CFD application and assign it to a BLF on your phone. When the BLF is pressed the application looks at the last number you dialed (maybe we could make it smart enough to find the last "busy" call) and it monitors for when this extension has no connected calls. As soon as it detects the extension is available, we perform a makecall between your extension and the formally busy extension.

Since we will call your extension first, if you don't answer, the call will never ring the other party. But if you do answer, it will automatically call the other extension. The "acoustic alert" would be your phone ringing. You would know this was a call back by the caller ID on your phone which would probably say "MakeCall". This would require the use of a CFD application, the Call Control API, and a Windows service... but it is possible to do if you are willing to put in the effort.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.