Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Reserve "circuit" for incoming calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Ie: I have 16 license version
    Can I reserve 4 of these for incoming calls?

So if 16 people in office all try to make call at same time they would tie up all 16 licenses.
    With this change only 12 outgoing calls would be possible reserving 4 licenses for inbound calls.

If this is not possible I will send to ideascale.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Ian Joyce

At this time 3CX will use up the sim calls for all active calls you cannot reserve part of the license.

This is not a bad idea however and I would submit to ideascale.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You would have to apply those restrictions to your inbound/outbound trunks/routes.

4. craigreilly

Leejor - How can you apply these rules now?

Thank you.

http://3cx.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Reserve-license-for-inbound-routes/350333-9854

5. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

Craig,
    What is your PSTN connectivity? If SIP trunks, you could try setting the 'Maximum Simultaneous Calls' to 12. I don't believe that would affect incoming calls although I haven't tested it.

6. craigreilly

We'll actually be using a T1 with SIP Handoff from the phone company.
    It is already in place and they just reconfigure the router a bit.
    We have not gone live yet - as we are waiting for a key feature in v11 - Park recall (reminder).

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There is a feature on a PRI (in many central office switches) that restricts that number of calls in each direction. You may want to talk to your provider about that. Your gateway may also be able to limit traffic to a certain number of channels incoming.

As far as using the outbound rules...it all depends on how your PBX is set up for trunking (type) and the size of the trunk groups. It may also involve ordering (SIP) trunking in such a way that the number of incoming calls is restricted by your provider, leaving a certain number of channels available, on a separate trunk group, for outbound calls.

It may be something that is easier to implement before everything is ordered and in place, rather than trying to change after the fact.

8. craigreilly

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if the phone company can limit outgoing calls to leave licenses free for incoming calls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.