Reset admin password

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jsob, Sep 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsob

Hi!

I've installed 3cx but somehow the login is not working according to the credentials sent to me in the welcome email. Please, how to reset the admin password?

Many thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The admin password is the one that you set, when 3CX was first installed. I'm not aware of it ever being sent in an email. If you have forgotten the password, it is in one of the backups that you should have done. I'm not aware of a way to reset it. That would sort of defeat the purpose of having a password to begin with.

If you are talking about an extension password, then that can be reset/changed in that extensions settings.

3. jsob

Thank you. I managed to remember the password and login into the 3CX admin console. Yes, you are right, the welcome email I received with the 3CX key informs the login credentials to the 3CX customer service. Well, back to my original question, in the case I forget/lose the 3CX admin dashboard password, how do I reset it? I do not see any link/button in the login page for resetting the password. Please, any advice is welcome.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello there,

I would recommend creating a backup as you username and password is stored in the .xml file located within the backup.
    In case the password is forgotten and no backup file exists then you need to contact 3CX support.

5. sommerville

Same issue, new install, no backup yet, install not even finished. Backup and view file trick will not work, backup is not a separate program. It is in the management console that I can't log on to.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the installation is that new, no back-up, and you can't remember the admin password...you may have to start the installation again from scratch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.