Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Reset Administrator Password

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by empire37, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. empire37

Hello All,

I setup a home Voip system using 3CX ( good product) but this was awhile ago so I jsut had to rebuild a pc that had my account details in it (including the Admin password)

Is there a way to reset the admin account on the server?

Cheers

empire37

2. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

Hi

welcome to 3cx forums. If you are expert in postgres you can connect to database and uncrypt password. i only see the mean for this moment, maybe developpers know another.

i have post this idea to reset password of console on 3cxideas.com

http://3cx.ideascale.com/a/dtd/reset-password-admin-console/267328-9854

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

If you have a backup search the configuration file (.zip) -- the password is seen in plain text.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. willow

willow Member

do the backup. just make a new backup and it will give the admin password in plain text.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.