Reset ip

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Meug, Nov 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meug

Hi there ,
    Is there A way to change the 3cx tunnel ? because every were i look the ip is set at xxx.xxx.xxx.3
    and needs to be xxx.xxx.xxx.5
    was trying to test the software on a smal 4 ports home pbx
    after i resetted the router the ip changed

or do need to do a reinstall 3cx now
    because when i look at the tunnel at network the local ip i can not change ..

kind regards meugje

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I am not exactly sure what your are trying to do. The tunnel should be the same IP as the public IP as provided by your ISP as you are simply forwarding port 5090 from the outside to the inside which should point to the private IP of the system on which the 3CX software is installed.

The router should not come into play unless perhaps you have the NIC card on your 3CX system set for DHCP or there is an IP reservation in the router which happens to be different from what you want. So. check your router and see if there is a reservation. If so, insure that the IP is set correctly and has the correct MAC address for the interface on the 3CX system. In the 3CX system, make sure that the system is either set to accept DHCP or hard set to the same IP and turn DHCP off (setting a static IP).

Finally, make sure that the router has all the ports forwarded correctly and that the SIP ALG is off. Run the firewall checker and see that it passes. The tunnel is only needed for devices outside of the local LAN when issues arise that make it problematic to get remote devices to play nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.