RESOLVED: Polycom Echo Issue After Upgrade to V9 SP4

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lisa, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lisa

I went through the 3CX upgrades SP3 and SP4 and am now having major echo issues with my Polycom SSIP 7000.

I am running old firmware (3.1.2.0392), but I am looking for a solution that is firmware independent if it is possible.

I have added the aec, aes, and ns tags to the new config file:

Code:
    <aec voice.aec.hd.enable="1" voice.aec.hf.enable="1" voice.aec.hs.enable="1" />
    <aes voice.aes.hd.enable="1" />
    <ns voice.ns.hd.enable="1" voice.ns.hd.signalAttn="0" voice.ns.hd.silenceAttn="0" voice.ns.hf.enable="1" voice.ns.hf.signalAttn="-6" voice.ns.hf.silenceAttn="-9" voice.ns.hs.enable="1" voice.ns.hs.signalAttn="-6" voice.ns.hs.silenceAttn="-9" />
    Has anyone else run across this problem or know of a solution?

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: Polycom Echo Issue After Upgrade to V9 SP4

All i can say is that i've upgraded my IP7000 to the latest firmware from Polycom with no Echo issue, but i have to say that even before that i had no Echo problems with it.
    It would be best if you tried the firmware solution, although i can't say whether this will fix your issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lisa

It's looking like that is what I will end up doing. I was going through the upgrades yesterday and will upgrade when I have time. Hopefully it will fix it.

Thanks for your response!

4. lisa

Ok. I upgraded the firmware to 3.2.1.0054 and left the bootrom at 4.1.2.0037 yesterday. Once the changes were in place, the directory button showed up again (it disappeared after the 3cx upgrade), but I was still running into echo issues. I didn't have access to the phone yesterday, but I added the code from my first post to deal with the echo and restarted the phone. Today when I took a look at the phone, the echo is as bad as ever and now the directory has disappeared again (same issues as before).

Leonidas - What firmware/bootrom versions are you running?

5. lisa

Looks like I figured it out. Upgraded the firmware to 3.3.1 and things appear to be working. If I run into more issues, I will be back :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.