RESOLVED: Polycom SPIP 450 + V9SPX ** BIND TO MEDIA SERVER

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lisa, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lisa

I'm having a bit of a problem with my Polycom SPIP 450 phone. First, there is no dial tone. Second, I am unable to enter any numbers after the original number has been dialed. Areas with issues include using digital receptionists and when trying to enter a PIN for a secured conference call (the key presses just don't seem to be registering at all). Has anyone seen this issue before? I tried Google and looking through these forums, but didn't come up with anything useful.

Right now, I'm using SP4. I can't be certain, but I believe the problem started occurring after upgrading from SP2.

Please let me know if I can provide any further information that might be helpful.

Thanks!

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: Polycom SPIP 450 No Dial Tone; Can't Enter Digits After

Bind polycom phone to media server (extension settings / other / PBX delivers audio). This happened since we started supporting the latest bootrom of polycom.

In Version 10 these problems will be solved.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lisa

Re: Polycom SPIP 450 No Dial Tone; Can't Enter Digits After

Hi Nicky

Thanks for the quick response. I changed the setting and rebooted the phone, but it still isn't working. Do you have any other ideas? Do you have an anticipated release date for version 10?

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: Polycom SPIP 450 + V9SPX ** BIND TO MEDIA SERVER

Hi Lisa - What version of 3CX are you using?
    What is the bootrom and the firmware of the polycom?
    Do you use provisioning to configure the phones? I can help you get the phone working because with latest v9 with latest service packs, and latest bootrom/firmware I have polycom 320 up to 660 + conference phones all working.

Make a test for me -

If you dial 700, enter conf id, 1 #, And press *.
    What happens after this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. lisa

Hi Nicky

I'm using 3CX version 9 sp 4.

firmware: 3.1.0.0147
    I didn't see the bootrom version when I rebooted the phone or anywhere in the settings - where do I find it?

I use provisioning to configure the phones.

As for the test, I don't have a 700 extension configured, so it just gives me an undefined extension message. I don't see any options to create a special conference extension when trying to create a new extension either.

6. lisa

Oh I found extension 700. Still doesn't change what I found when I dialed it, but now you know I have this extension :)

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

HI

Do you have a licence?

In sp4, we changed the polycom mechanism.

a) You have to upgrade the bootrom and the firmware. (bootrom can be found by checking the polycom display)
    Menu - Status - platform - phone - bootrom.

You need to have bootrom 4

follow this guide

http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/polycom-provisioning.html

After reprovision the phone with the new template in sp4, bootrom and firmware provisioned.

Then upgrade to the latest service packs (we made another important one yesterday related to security)

Then we will talk again.

8. lisa

Hi Nicky

I don't have a license.

I also found the bootrom version - it is 4.1.2.0037.

After upgrading the firmware to version 3.2.1RevB, the phone would restart, sit on a screen with the extension number ofr a minute, and then restart again. I tried upgrading to 3.3.1 and it's now working fine. I can enter digits in a digital receptionist, the dial tone is back, and the phone rings again!

Thanks for your help!

Lisa

9. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: RESOLVED: Polycom SPIP 450 + V9SPX ** BIND TO MEDIA SERV

Good news. Thanks for updating. Firmware problem mismatch then. Now you have the bootrom and the firmware 3.2 as its supposed to be. You still need to set PBX delivers audio on the phone.

Also upgrade to the latest service packs - in service pack 5 there are a lot of fixes and patch 6 is an important security update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.