RESOLVED: VCEHost.exe consuming 100% CPU

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by snowsam, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowsam

I upgraded from SP1 to SP2 last evening and am now having issues of VCEHost.exe consuming 100% cpu on my well-endowed virtual machine running Server 2008 Web Edition 64bit.

I'm not sure how to trouble shoot. I've restarted the processes the it climbs right back to 100% very quickly. Calls are having trouble being completed due to processes not running quickly.

Anyone have any trouble shooting tips? I did a backup right before doing the upgrade, so I guess I could try to roll back to SP1.

Eeek.

2. cfive

cfive Member

Is it resolved, like the post title says? If so, how?

Thanks, Les.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. snowsam

It was a dumb error on my part. Early on in the phone system set up I had turned on verbose logging to trouble shoot an issue. The logs had filled up the hard drive.

I normally have some extra software (Event Sentry light) on the server to give me a heads up of warning when something like that is happening, but since this is on a new server I had not installed them yet.

Looks like I should do that now!

Thanks to one of the developers who took a quick look right at the time that I realized the hard disk was full.

Sorry for the false alarm. If you see a similar 100% cpu problem, disk space is something to check!

-Sam

4. cfive

cfive Member

Thank you Sam :D

- Les.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cnccomtech

I had error with VCEHost.exe to but it caused the computer not to be able to get online. We had to restart the computer to get the phone system to work again. I have more then 200 gig free.

Thanks much

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.