Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

REST API

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bseddon, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bseddon

Is there a supported REST API exposed by V15? I know I can use the Windows client app to initiate a call and I can use the Visual Studio template to extend the client. But suppose I create collaboration app for Android and I want to provide a button a user can press to initiate a VoIP call with one of our representatives or with other collaborators with internal extensions.

I could include a SIP/RTC stack and initiate a call. But I'm wondering if this type of functionality is covered in a documented API.

Or maybe I want to allow the user of an extension the ability to enable/disable options relating to their account from their Android phone in the context of an application. I think I may be able to open Chrome session for the user and direct them to our 3CX implementation when they login, find the option can, hopefully, change it. But that's a lot of effort for a user to, say, enable call recording or disable voicemail.

I feel like there's some API documentation I've not found yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.