Restart 3CX server without restarting the PC?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mutti_wilson, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mutti_wilson

Does restarting all the services that are running restart the 3CX server or does the PC need to be restarted? Are there any other methods?

2. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

Here's a batch file that I use to restart all of the 3CX Services I use on the server when I need to. I don't use the Fax service, that's why there's a "#" in front of it, if you need to use it, remove the "#".

Code:
    NET STOP "3CX PhoneSystem"
    NET STOP "3CX PhoneSystem Database Server"
    NET STOP "3CX PhoneSystem Digital Receptionist"
    #NET STOP "3CX PhoneSystem FAX Server"
    NET STOP "3CX PhoneSystem Media Server"
    NET STOP "3CX PhoneSystem Voicemail Manager"
    NET STOP "3CX PhoneSystem Web Server"
    NET STOP "3CX SIP/RTP Tunneling Proxy"

ping 127.0.0.1
    ping 127.0.0.1

NET START "3CX PhoneSystem Database Server"
    NET START "3CX PhoneSystem"
    NET START "3CX PhoneSystem Digital Receptionist"
    #NET START "3CX PhoneSystem FAX Server"
    NET START "3CX PhoneSystem Media Server"
    NET START "3CX PhoneSystem Voicemail Manager"
    NET START "3CX PhoneSystem Web Server"
    NET START "3CX SIP/RTP Tunneling Proxy"

exit

Hope that helps.

3. mutti_wilson

Right on. I was thinking about making a .bat file. You've already done the work. Thanks.

4. jazzyjeff

Thank you I was so sick of restarting the pc to restart the server If any one doesn't know how to make a batch file here is a link to a site with help on batch files. http://www.computerhope.com/batch.htm But all you do is open notepade paste the above code and save as whatever.bat and double click it to run it.

Cheers

5. ess

ess New Member

Thanks guys, very helpful in testing environments. A lot less clicks :)

Happy Holidays

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

HI

Version 7 has a 'Service Status' node. in there you have a 'Restart' and 'Restart All' option.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. davidarvixe

Hi!

BUMP!

I'm a complete noobie having issues with my 3CXPhones 12 for Windows. I'm currently getting the error whenever I turn on my PC and start the program,

"3CX Phone for Windows could not establish a connection to the 3CX Phone System Web API. As a result, features like Contacts and presence information will not be available. You can still make and receive Phone Calls via SIP whilst we try and re-establish full functionality in the background."

However, when I restart my PC and open the software again the program works but I have to restart my PC everyday in order to use the program.

I've tried creating that BAT file but doesn't work. Maybe because of the version?

Thanks!

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

First of all you've resurrected posts from about seven years ago dealing with a much different version of the PBX, and probably a different issue from your own. You really should have begun a new post.

Are you saying that you have to restart the PC running the 3CX Windows phone, or the server running the 3CX PBX? If it is the PBX, as the original posts were referring to, do all phones have a problem , or just yours?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.