Restarting the system

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by druid, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. druid

Dear All, can any 1 tell me how to restart the 3cx phone system ?? i didnt find it in the manual, i have just taken the free version but i am not able to set it up successfully, i have used 2 sip phones, 1 3cx voip client and other is sjphone, i entered the correct credentials but my phone is not resgistering !! i am doing it on my lan but no success so far, any1 with a good idea as how to solve this issue, the error i get is registration failed, credentials dont match. !!

Thanks in advance

2. josvic

At the moment the only thing to do this to STOP the 3CX Services direct from your Windows Control Panel.

It be very nice if this where an option in the next release..., include it in the wishlist.

3. Halea

Halea New Member

Depending on what you're trying to achieve you may need to restart the "3CXPhoneSystem" service alone or all eight 3CX services. It's a bit of a pain, especially that the fax service most often sticks and doesn't properly shut itself down, in which case you might have to restart windows all together.
    To make things a bit easier you might want to create a batch file to stop all 3CX services running. The fax service's eccenticities make me stay away from that approach, but if you simply want to restart the main service, it should be ok.
    Halea

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

If there are any active calls at the time when you are restarting phone system service it is highly recommended to restart media server service as well.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. h2009

h2009 Member

How can you create a batch all stop (restart) file? I'd be interested in making that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

net start ...
    net stop ...

net /?
    NET [ ACCOUNTS | COMPUTER | CONFIG | CONTINUE | FILE | GROUP | HELP |
    HELPMSG | LOCALGROUP | NAME | PAUSE | PRINT | SEND | SESSION |
    SHARE | START | STATISTICS | STOP | TIME | USE | USER | VIEW ]

7. h2009

h2009 Member

so in start/run > net stop 3cxphonedatabase ?

8. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Hint:
    if you need to stop it then
    net stop "3CX PhoneSystem Database Server"

9. h2009

h2009 Member

ah brilliant thank you very much!

10. bluefox8080

bluefox8080 New Member

To save you some typing:

Copy and paste this in to a text file and save it as restart3cx.cmd (or anything else), then run it

Hash out (#) the things that you do not what to restart

11. Halea

Halea New Member

NET START /? and NET STOP /? give you a bit more info about how to do it.
    The service name needs to be entered exactly as it shows under the "services" table in windows, and needs to be between double quotes if it contains any space characters.
    Halea

12. h2009

h2009 Member

Ah thanks for that little bit of code. I'll give it ago and let you know how i got along.

13. josvic

Good batch Bluefox8080...

14. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

I wonder if I'm the only one, but everytime I try to stop the fax service, it fails... The fax service did not even uninstall when I uninstalled 3CX Phone Server to put in on another server.

15. josvic

No, you are not the only that this happens... me too, but If I restart the system past a period of time works again to restart the fax service.

16. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

Yes, that works, but it's not a very good solution I think. I can hardly think of a moment where nobody in an office is using his phone. That means the system would need to be restarted after work hours, but what happens if fax needs to be used during the day?

Well, I don't use the fax service, so it does not matter to me, but it could be a lot of problems for those who use it.

17. josvic

It's a very good idea to implement in the 3CX web interface a buttom to START/STOP 3CX Services...

18. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

that's true, a start/stop/restart option would be much better than having a batch file handling all of the services.

19. h2009

h2009 Member

if anyone wants the batch file i can post it for them.
    Fully working (slight edit from the above code, so the window closes after)

20. hoadzman

Well I've been trying to get some help just to install the trial software to see if its worth my time, and i cant get no help, i'm already frustrated can some one help me get it installed atleast, the services fails to start when installing; "3CX SIP/RTP Tunneling Service Stopped" windows closed service

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.