Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Restoring a V8 backup from a 2003 OS server to a 2008 Server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pjr, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjr

pjr New Member

We have a client running 3CX V8 on a Windows Server 2003 based server and the hardware it runs on is dying.

We are keen to replace the hardware ASAP but this will mean replacing the hardware with a server running Server 2008 R2.

We do not have the luxury of time to upgrade them to 3CX V10 as part of this excercise so I am wondering if I am likely to encounter any issues by restoring the 3CX backup taken from a 2003 OS server to a 2008 OS server given the differences with IIS and location of user and profile data etc??

Has anyone done this?

Thanks

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Re: Restoring a V8 backup from a 2003 OS server to a 2008 Se

I have done it in my office and experienced no issues however, I was running on V10 but you should experience no issues as long as you use backup and restore tool. Why not upgrade?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.